Saturday, July 6, 2013

Creative Writing Week 3

I am just supposed to sit here and type.  Type without proofing or "thinking" to deeply about what I am writing.  I hear fireworks in the distance.  The fan brushes is cool breath across my knees as it rotates back and forth in front of me.  I am blessed to be able to use my eyes and not be blind.  Being blind would be the worst, even more so if it happened now after having a life full of sight.  The sunset tonight was full of cotton candy waves of color bursting its brushstrokes across a humid July sky.  Bang, bang, bang...all that money that goes up in smoke with fireworks, so worth it to honor all those who have served this country and our freedoms.  I believe I could fly, if I had winds I would fly to the top of a peak and look out over the valley and spread my wings and glide down to the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment